Unlocking the $200 billion digital opportunity in Southeast Asia
According to Google & Temasek’s joint research in 2016, SEA is the world’s fastest growing internet market (~480m users by 2020); Indonesia is the fastest growing nation in the world.
SEA’s internet economy is ready to take off, with 124k users coming online every day for the next 5 years
- 260M Users already online; 4th largest internet market in the world
- 3.8M Users coming online every month; fastest growing internet market in the world
- 700M Mobile connections; 130% of population
The internet economy in SEA is expected to reach ~ $200 billion by 2025 (6.5x increase over 10 years, eCommerce and Travel to make up >90% of total online retail spend in 2025, the eCommerce market is split into two key segments, each with a different operating and monetization model
- SEA eCommerce expected to 16x by 2025, reaching $88 billion, with the potential to exceed
- SEA online travel market expected to 4x by 2025, reaching ~$90 billion
- Online hotels and airlines expected to 5x by 2025, reaching ~$76 billion and making up 85% of the total travel market
- Online rides expected to 5x by 2025, reaching ~$13 billion and making up 15% of the total travel market
- The online ads market is expected to increase by 5x, reaching ~$10 billion by 2025
With all these research results and also the Singapore government Budget 2017, there is no question that all the traditional businesses need to catch up the Digital Trend and Go Digital Now, find out how we could work together with you on this transformation.